Around 40% of work can be done from home. A couple days per week a visit in the office will be necessary.
Around 20% of work will be performed on clients' site.
A family OEM company delivering machines for pharmaceutical industry. A reasonably-paced job with sporatic visits on site.
- you have good hands-on experience,
- you're tired with spending your life in the hotels,
- you're looking for a place which will help you keep your work-life balance,
- you still want to work on interesting projects,
that's something for you!
- Liaise with interested parties such as Clients/Sales production, technical etc. to define the requirements of a project.
- Specify, design, install and commission new equipment as required.
- Write and modify PLC programs accordingly
- Create and design the required design documents, FDS, SDS HDS, Electrical Drawings
- Provide and maintain detailed electrical drawings
- For modifications to existing procedures and equipment, liaise with the relevant department to agree what the problems are and work towards solving them
- Ensure all work is compliant with the relevant health and safety guidelines on time and within budget
- Travel required for commissioning
- Typical tasks will include the management of specifications, design, purchasing of equipment, interpreting electrical schematics, overseeing the Build of projects within budget, allocated time, and corporate guidelines, commissioning, and handover.
- Work with sales team to help deliver competitive solutions to the Industry as directed by the Manager
- Responsible to help maintain a safe, healthy, ethically and environmentally responsible workplace and business
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- HMI’s, and SCADA , in a manufacturing environment. with knowledge of 21CFR compliance
- Engineering Degree Hons (Level 8) in Control and Automation, or equivalent with relevant experience
- Competent working with technical and electrical drawings and specifications, and have previously demonstrated the ability to build strong working relationships both within their team and working across multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong project management skills are a distinct advantage for this position with proven problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills with a proven ability to work directly with Customers and/or to manage self and assigned resources to meet schedule and budget requirements.
You should be proficient in:
- Studio 5000
- TIA Portal
- SCADA Operation and Maintenance (preferably Zenon)
- WinCC Flexible
- Factory Talk View
- Knowledge of Atex Guidelines an advantage
- Knowledge of communications protocols and networking a distinct advantage such as Profinet, Ethernet IP, ModBus, Profibus