This role is suited to an Automation Engineer who has a strong demonstrable PLC background, strong interpersonal skills and has a proven track record in the industry and an ability to work under pressure.
The role is predominately office based with requirement to attend site during commissioning phases. The major part of this role involves PLC programming and SCADA development.
The work will involve tendering, design and installation of projects in water, wastewater and industry. The Automation Engineer shall design program and commission projects from initial Control philosophy development to site handover.
- Managing automation projects personally from initial brief through design, development of FDS, programming, FAT’s, commissioning and providing all support and documentation to other departments and client,
- Control, development and modification of software on a variety of PLC systems,
- Design of automation systems and networks,
- Liaising with all other departments to ensure project delivery on time and to quality standards,
- On-site support for project installation and emergency call-outs.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in PLC solutions with a min of 2 of the following (ABB, Schneider, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Omron, Mitsubishi or Motorola),
- Experience of automation of electronic instruments and drive networks,
- Demonstrable experience in controls systems design and application,
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written,
- Ability to work with minimal supervision,
- Clean driving license.